- 600 g beef bavette, in cubes of 2x2 cm
- 8 firm, woody sprigs of rosemary
- 500 ml rice vinegar
- 5 peppercorns
- ½ romanesco (green turret cauliflower), in florets
- 1 small winter carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and cut into chips
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 stalks of red chicory, cut in half
- Remove the bottom needles from the rosemary sprigs. Cut a pointed tip at the bottom with a sharp knife. Thread a few cubes of meat on each rosemary skewer.
- Put the rice vinegar, 500 ml of water and the peppercorns in a large pan. Bring to the boil with a pinch of salt and add romanesco, carrot and kohlrabi. Cook for 3 minutes and then cool in your own liquid.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Briefly toast the red chicory on both sides. Place on a platter and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the skewers on high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on all sides until browned.
- Serve the skewers with the roasted red chicory and the sweet and sour vegetables.