Beef ragout with pappardelle
Preparation time: approx. 40 minutes + waiting time
Number of persons: 4
- 1 kg beef ribs in cubes of 2x2 cm
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive foil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 winter carrot in small cubes
- 1 stalk celery in small cubes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 250 ml red wine we see ntip
- 1 can diced tomatoes 400 g
- 375 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 500 g pappardelle
- 100 g grated pecorino or parmesan
For the bouquet garni:
- 3 sprigs of thyme m
- 2 sprigs of rosemary n
- 2 bay leaves
- kitchen twine
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes in advance and let it come to room temperature. Pat the meat dry with kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and brown the meat on all sides for 3-5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside on a plate. For the bouquet garni, tie the herbs together into a bunch with a piece of kitchen twine.
- Fry the onion, the garlic too, the carrot and the celery in the same pan for about 5 minutes until they are soft. Add the tomato paste and fry for 1 minute. Deglaze with the wine and allow to reduce slightly for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced tomatoes and stock and add the bouquet garni to the sauce. Bring to the boil and let it simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours with a lid on the pan, until the meat is very soft and falling apart. Stir occasionally.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package in plenty of salted water. In the meantime, remove the bouquet garni and season the ragout with the sugar and additional salt and pepper if necessary. Drain the pasta. Serve the ragout with the pasta and garnish with the grated cheese.