2013 Quinta do Crasto LBV
- Buy 12 for €16,19 each and save 8%
- Gratis verzending NL vanaf € 50,- | België vanaf € 125,-
- Voor 16.00 besteld? Vandaag nog verzonden!
- Bij 12 flessen 8% korting (exclusief aanbiedingen)
- Vragen? Bel naar onze winkel: +31(0)78-6140208
- Customer service from 09:00 to 17:00
Deep red port with the scent of fine red fruit, blackberries, plums and a little cocoa. The taste is powerful, balanced, full and soft. Delicious with ripe, hard cheese or fine pastries.
Quinta da Crasto is the domain of the Roquette family and makes various port wines from exclusively grapes from their own vineyards. The grapes are traditionally and gently pressed with their feet into so-called lagares, shallow concrete vats in which the fermentation starts. This is done with less quality-conscious producers, but the traditional way is better and prevents the seeds and stalks from releasing aggressive tannins. At some point wine alcohol is added, which stops the fermentation and the remaining sugar in the grape determines the sweetness of the port. Crasto, one of the 'Douro boys', is considered one of the top producers and makes beautiful, clean and not so sweet ports. The LBV port is an 'almost' vintage quality that ripens a bit longer on casks and is therefore nicely flavored immediately after bottling.
Read or write a review