2014 Château Peyrou Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux
- Buy 12 for €13,75 each and save 8%
- Gratis verzending NL vanaf € 50,- | België vanaf € 125,-
- Voor 16.00 besteld? Vandaag nog verzonden!*
- 1 fles gratis bestel 12 flessen en betaal er automatisch 11**
- *indien voorradig (078-6140208) **Exclusief aanbiedingen
Tasting note Château Peyrou Bordeaux
French red wine with the smell of fine ripe red fruit and a nuance of oak. The taste is full and accessible. Nice wine with many stews and lamb or beef.
Of only 45 hectares of vineyards, the oenologous Cathérine Papon, based at the University of Bordeaux, makes a particularly good quality Castillon. The vineyards are separated from the appellation Saint Emilion by a small country road. The vines are on average 80 years old and are fully biologically processed. Once in the cellar, the hand-picked merlot (80%) cabernet franc (10%) and cabernet sauvignon (10%) grapes are fermented into wine. The best assembly is used for the main wine Château Peyrou which needs a longer ripening. The more accessible second wine, Colombe de Peyrou, ripens for about a year in oak casks and is more like a drink. Beautiful classic red burgundy in Saint Emilion style.
Read or write a review