2016 Moulin de Chauvigné Coteaux du Layon La Croix Blanche
- Buy 12 for €14,44 each and save 8%
- Gratis verzending NL vanaf € 50,- | België vanaf € 125,-
- Voor 16.00 besteld? Vandaag nog verzonden!*
- 1 fles gratis bestel 12 flessen en betaal er automatisch 11**
- *indien voorradig (078-6140208) **Exclusief aanbiedingen
- Customer service from 10:00 to 18:00
Tasting note La Croix Blanche
Full of color, powerful and refined with fragrance with nuances of ripe peach, apricot and almond. The flavor structure is full, round, sweet and ends with a lingering, soft aftertaste and lots of aromatic length.
Sylvie Plessis makes beautiful, dry white wines from the chenin grape with her husband Christian in the small appellation Savennières. The couple also owns a beautiful plot of vineyards in the Coteaux du Layon. At the bottom of the hill runs the brook Sant Lézin and the water provides the necessary moisture so that in the autumn on the ripe grapes pourriture noble can occur. The chenin grape is harvested here late and by hand, only from October onwards and in several times so that a large number of 'botrytis' grapes are picked. The careful vinification of Sylvie produces a flawless, sweet white wine with a fantastic terroir and grape expression. Chenin of this level belongs to the great white wines of France and can, if desired, mature for a long time so that a great flavor complexity can develop.
Read or write a review