2014 Château Sainte Barbe Merlot
- Buy 12 for €9,15 each and save 8%
- Gratis verzending NL vanaf € 50,- | België vanaf € 125,-
- Voor 16.00 besteld? Vandaag nog verzonden!*
- 1 fles gratis bestel 12 flessen en betaal er automatisch 11**
- *indien voorradig (078-6140208) **Exclusief aanbiedingen
- Customer service from 10:00 to 18:00
Tasting note Château Sainte Barbe Merlot
Bright red burgundy with a fresh aroma of fresh red fruit and lightly burnt notes and some oak. The taste is smooth and balanced and develops a fine tannin in the aftertaste.
Merlot forms the basis of the majority of red Bordeaux and has a recognizable influence on the refinement and taste of the wines. This grape does not keep high temperatures during the growing season. This is the main reason why it is so difficult to find top quality merlot in warmer regions. Especially in Bordeaux, with its temperate Atlantic climate, the merlot grape excellently comes into its own.
This Château Sainte Barbe is wonderfully drinkable, with a good balance between flexibility and tension. After picking, the grapes ferment partly in cement cuves and partly in stainless steel tanks. This is followed by a nine-month maturation in small oak barrels. This gives the wine a seductive combination of aromas of fresh red fruit and the toasted scent of the oak.
Read or write a review